Notice: Seasonal Weight restrictions as of February 19, 2018
Please click here to see news release dated February 16, 2018.
The following reports are prepared and distributed via email to representatives of the local units of government that comprise Leelanau County, other members of government and the community. If you care to be added to this distribution list to receive reports as they are generated, please send an email request to: email@example.com
- January 2017 Manager's Report
- February 2017 Manager's Report
- March 2017 Manager's Report
- April 2017 Manager's Report
- May 2017 Manager's Report
- June 2017 Manager's Report
- July 2017 Manager's Report
- August 2017 Manager's Report
- September 2017 Manager's Report
- October 2017 Manager's Report
- November 2017 Managers' Report
- December 2017 Manager's Report
- January 2018 Manager's Report
- February 2018 Manager's Report
Job application: road crew/CDL drivers/Mechanics:
Please click here to download a copy of our job application. Completed forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, mailed, or dropped off in person at our Suttons Bay office during regular business hours 7:00 am to 3:30 pm.
Note to applicants who have Adobe Acrobat Pro loaded on your PC: save a copy of the blank application to your desktop first before filling it out; otherwise the information loaded to the file could be lost.
The Leelanau County Road Commission typically meets on the first and third Tuesday of each month. Meetings are at 1:00 pm and public comments are accepted at the beginning and end of every regular meeting. Members of the public are always welcome and encouraged to attend. Follow this link for a list of 2018 meeting dates.
To meet with the Leelanau County Road Commission Board, please call Joe Nedow, Finance Manager and Secretary to the Board at 231-271-3993, Ext. 223 to schedule an appointment. If you’d prefer to attend a regular meeting commission to offer your comments, there is a public comment session at the beginning and end of every meeting. To present handouts or other printed material for board review, please submit them to the secretary prior to the meeting for inclusion in board member packets.
Fall, Winter and Spring Hours:
7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday from mid-August through early May.
6:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Thursday, closed Fridays starting May 1st through mid-August.
The Leelanau County Road Commission office will be closed for the following holidays:
- Friday, March 30, 2018 - Good Friday
- Monday, May 28, 2018 - Memorial Day
- Wednesday, July 4, 2018 - Independence Day
- Friday-Monday, August 31 and Monday September 3, 2018 - Labor Day
- Thursday-Friday, November 22 and 23, 2018 - Thanksgiving
- Tuesday, December 25, 2018 - Christmas Day
Mailbox Maintenance: what you need to know.......
Click here to view "Mailbox Maintenance" page.
Road Mileage Certification Maps by Township - as of 2017
These maps certify roads which are under the jurisdiction of the Leelanau County Road Commission, the length of each road, and the fact that these roads are normally open to automobile traffic May through October.
The maps are organized by township and are presented in PDF file format.
McNitt Act Historical Records........
To view scans of our historical records of various township roads turned over to the Road Commission by year, please click on the links below: (as some of these files are rather large, it may take several minutes to download the file......)